Last week’s ride was a fabulous success with good numbers and nil incidents. Enjoyed by all. Brynn Bull kept us all in the red zone from Waterfall to Sutherland. Given the conflict with the Club Championships next Sunday, we may have to gauge numbers again to see if this ride will go ahead. Any drivers available who are not doing club championships ? I will put an invite in our Face book group page to ascertain numbers. I, (Bucko) will be going to Hill Climb so need a ride captain as well. If we don’t get sufficient resources I am sure Rocky will be happy to manage a “Giro de Kelloggs” ride on Sunday. For those not doing club championships, leave your preference on the Facebook page.
Round 4 RBCC Club championships
Round 4 is the Hillclimb TT run by Macarthur Cycling Club at Razorback climb in Camden.
See their website for all the details :
RBCC riders should get there from about 7:30am and I believe the first riders are off from 08:30am. I will confirm with Macarthur as to who is going off first.
I will see you all out there. Anna Murray.
A GRADE 18 laps 36.36km, Time: 00:52:34, Avg Speed: 41.50Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:02:55
1st Julian Hamill (EASTS)
2nd Liam Kelly (CARAVELLO)
3rd Robert QUINN (SYDUNI) (more…)
Firstly, Big thank you to Jose Rodriguez, Alex Rosenwax and Jeff Coulton, all who have offered to be escort car drivers for this ride. Jose, I will take you up on your kind off for this Sunday but before we do lets get some indication of numbers of people who will be participating in this ride. This training ride will be conducted, weather permitting, providing we get sufficient numbers, so please indicate your intention on the RBCC group Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/randwickbotanycc/
A GRADE 16 laps 32.32km, Time: 00:49:04, Avg Speed: 39.52Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:03:04
1st Christopher MILLER (MANLY)
2nd Robert Cater (RBCC)
3rd Daniel CHALHOUB (SYDUNI) (not pictured) (more…)
A Grade 18 laps 36.36km, Time: 00:53:53, Avg Speed: 40.49Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:03:00
1st Julian Hamill (EASTS)
2nd Edward WHITE (SYDUNI)
3rd Robert Cater (RBCC) (more…)
The 20km Individual Time Trial (round 2 of the club championships) is at Penrith Regatta Centre next Sunday 6 July
Thanks once again to Penrith CC for doing all the organising. Sign on is from 7am and Randwick riders will be going off first from 8am. There is a separate sign on sheet for RBCC.
A flash back a few years shows the beautiful backdrop and all the smiling faces. It’s dead flat – so suits most people. See you out there and bring your winter woolies !
A GRADE 18 laps 36.36km, Time: 00:54:51, Avg Speed: 39.77Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:03:03
1st Ronald VISSER (SYDUNI)
2nd Robert Cater (RBCC)
3rd Nathan Bonarius (SYDUNI)
The 2014 RBCC Club Championships started with the “One Lapper” at Heffron Park. Thanks to all who assisted. There was lots of coughing after so it was obvious that everyone gave it their best. Congratulations to Tom Sacre, 1st place overall, in a time of 2min 41 seconds.
|C||Charles Dalrymple Hay||03:27.9||1|
|J||Junior 1 lap||0|
PLEASE NOTE: To see running tally of 2014 Club Championship Pointscore, click button above entitled, PointScore 2014.
Benefits Of Membership:
- We are the Friendly Club. Men women and children of all ages are welcome.
- Lots of social occasions and nearly every ride finishes at a cafe.
- Bikes available for juniors and club uniform for junior members is half price which is well under cost.
- Cheapest membership fees of most of the Sydney cycling clubs.
- Training Rides 6 days of the week (all free)
- RBCC conducts criterium racing every Saturday of the year (except for public holidays)
- RBCC sponsorship monies are funneled back to the members in the form of subsidized race entry fees for RBCC members. Currently 100% subsidised.
- All Club Championship Races are free.
- Access to specialist qualified trainers if required.
- Subsidised Annual Training Camp (Jindabyne) and Annual Dinner.
- Based in the City of Randwick in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. Location.
Join on the day but better to do it in advance. Click Here
Heffron Park – Saturday Criterium Racing START TIMES:-
- Every Saturday (Except public holiday weekends) Weather permitting.
- Juniors start at 2pm.
- Seniors A, B, C & D grades start promptly at 3pm.
- You must race in your club uniform, unless entitled as a registered member of a Cycling NSW or Cycling Australian registered or International team, to wear registered team uniform.
- All male (non junior) registered team members will be required to compete in the A grade event.
- Riders competing in their registered club uniform may compete in any grade, A, B, C or D, dependent on their ability as assessed by club handicapper.
- Female registered team members will be allowed to compete in B grade event.
Assistants required to facilitate racing – Marshal roster NOW PUBLISHED