For those who are up to it, we will be doing a 3 Gorges ride tomorrow (Anzac Day Friday 25th April). Meet at the front of Bike Bug North Sydney no later than 6.25am. For those riding north across the Bridge to Bike Bug, please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to make it by 625am because at 6.30am you could be chasing.
Good News is that once again Cronulla Sunday ride has a support vehicle next Sunday (27 April) Bad news is that once again the Waterfall bunch is throwing caution to the wind. As I said before the Police certainly take no chances with their members as the picture shows. No dispute here as to whether they can legally take a lane or not.
Can I remind all RBCC members that when you are on these rides you are ambassadors for the club and our sponsors. Let’s do the right thing out there. Let’s try and improve the relationship between motorists and cyclists and lets not under any circumstance be seen to argue or abuse motorists. I actually received a complaint from a motorist whilst on the ride last week, who wished to make a complaint about the Randwick Botany Club. It turned out that the person who abused and hurled obscenities to the motorist on our Waterfall ride was not even an RBCC member. Wear you Club kit and If uninvited riders are on our RBCC training rides, please make it very clear to them that they if they are not prepared to abide with our rules, that they are not welcome.
RACING RESUMES AT HEFFRON ON SATURDAY 3 MAY
There will be no racing over the next 2 weekends given that they are Public Holiday weekends. Next weekend is Easter and the following weekend is the Anzac Day ling weekend. Racing will resume (weather permitting) on Saturday 3 May.
Benefits Of Membership:
- We are the Friendly Club. Men women and children of all ages are welcome.
- Lots of social occasions and nearly every ride finishes at a cafe.
- Bikes available for juniors and club uniform for junior members is half price which is well under cost.
- Cheapest membership fees of most of the Sydney cycling clubs.
- Training Rides 6 days of the week (all free)
- RBCC conducts criterium racing every Saturday of the year (except for public holidays)
- RBCC sponsorship monies are funneled back to the members in the form of subsidized race entry fees for RBCC members. Currently 100% subsidised.
- All Club Championship Races are free.
- Access to specialist qualified trainers if required.
- Subsidised Annual Training Camp (Jindabyne) and Annual Dinner.
- Based in the City of Randwick in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. Location.
Join on the day but better to do it in advance. Click Here
Heffron Park – Saturday Criterium Racing START TIMES:-
- Every Saturday (Except public holiday weekends) Weather permitting.
- Juniors start at 2pm.
- Seniors A, B, C & D grades start promptly at 3pm.
- You must race in your club uniform, unless entitled as a registered member of a Cycling NSW or Cycling Australian registered or International team, to wear registered team uniform.
- All male (non junior) registered team members will be required to compete in the A grade event.
- Riders competing in their registered club uniform may compete in any grade, A, B, C or D, dependent on their ability as assessed by club handicapper.
- Female registered team members will be allowed to compete in B grade event.
Assistants required to facilitate racing – Marshal roster NOW PUBLISHED