The Blayney to Bathurst is on 6 April 2014. We would like to see as many RBCC members there as possible. You can enter here: http://www.b2b.asn.au/2014-event-info/2014-event-entry/
We have 2 Event Captains, Grant Roe and Dave Bomba, who will assist members with securing accommodation, meals, race tactics, etc. As this event gets closer, securing accommodation will get harder. Grant has managed to arrange twin share rooms at Rydges Bathurst on the racecourse. The cost is $162 per night per room. He has tentatively booked 10 rooms at the moment but he needs to get the numbers finalised quickly so the rooms can be fully secured. (more…)
Benefits Of Membership:
- We are the Friendly Club. Men women and children of all ages are welcome.
- Lots of social occasions and nearly every ride finishes at a cafe.
- Bikes available for juniors and club uniform for junior members is half price which is well under cost.
- Cheapest membership fees of most of the Sydney cycling clubs.
- Training Rides 6 days of the week (all free)
- RBCC conducts criterium racing every Saturday of the year (except for public holidays)
- RBCC sponsorship monies are funneled back to the members in the form of subsidized race entry fees for RBCC members. Currently 100% subsidised.
- All Club Championship Races are free.
- Access to specialist qualified trainers if required.
- Subsidised Annual Training Camp (Jindabyne) and Annual Dinner.
- Based in the City of Randwick in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. Location.
Join on the day but better to do it in advance. Click Here
Heffron Park – Saturday Criterium Racing START TIMES:-
- Every Saturday (Except public holiday weekends) Weather permitting.
- Juniors start at 2pm.
- Seniors A, B, C & D grades start promptly at 3pm.
- You must race in your club uniform, unless entitled as a registered member of a Cycling NSW or Cycling Australian registered or International team, to wear registered team uniform.
- All male (non junior) registered team members will be required to compete in the A grade event.
- Riders competing in their registered club uniform may compete in any grade, A, B, C or D, dependent on their ability as assessed by club handicapper.
- Female registered team members will be allowed to compete in B grade event.
Assistants required to facilitate racing – Marshal roster NOW PUBLISHED
A GRADE 18 laps 36.36km, Time: 00:54:10, Avg Speed: 40.28Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:03:01
1st Tom SACRE (RBCC)
2nd Luke Davison (SYDNEY)
3rd Robert Cater (RBCC)
A GRADE 18 laps 36.36km, Time: 00:56:06, Avg Speed: 38.89Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:03:07
1st Robert Cater (RBCC)
2nd Duncan Houston (BICISPORT)
3rd John Peppard (EASTS) (more…)
A GRADE 18 laps 36.36km, Time: 00:51:56, Avg Speed: 42.01Km/hr, Avg Laptime: 00:02:53
1st Robert Cater (RBCC)
1st Matt DODDS (SYDUNI)
3rd Robert QUINN (SYDUNI) (more…)
Vantage Freight, RBCC’s major sponsor, or rather it’s CEO, Dave “Knuckles” Crampton is racing in the Bathurst 12 Hour motor race from Friday 7th – Sunday 9th February 2014Bathurst next weekend: http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/
Dave has been getting super fit on the bike for this event and has been out doing some “Really Hard” training rides with Rocky Fortuna. (Yes he could be a smudge fitter) Anyway Knuckles will be racing the Vantage Freight sponsored Radical pictured above.
Whilst we are talking about Radical racing, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Greg Smith, the Managing Director of Radical Australia, to Randwick Botany Cycling Club. Greg is also racing in the event. We wish both the boys best of luck. (more…)