As you are aware, for the first time last year the Club supported a Masters Racing Team. The team was funded by three sponsors being KOM Financial Advice, CPP Wind Engineering and Metrowelding. We would like to continue with the team in 2018 and are now calling for expressions of interest from anyone interested in being a part of it, noting there are up to 10 spots available.
The purpose of the Masters Racing Team is to allow some of our up and coming riders to participate in open events, gaining the experience of working in a team and learning from some of our more experienced riders. Being recognised by the club and in an official team will provide motivation and inspiration to riders. In return, the riders will be ambassadors for our club and will be mentors to our Under 19 Members.
The criteria that you will need to meet to be considered for the team is:
• Be over 30 years of age
• Be a financial member of RBCC
• Be racing A Grade on a Saturday at Heffron Park consistently
• Be able to commit to attending at least 5 open races during the year (noting these usually involve travel given they are held in country locations of NSW) and base your training around this race calendar
• Be prepared to take on a mentor role for our Under 19 members
• Participate in RBCC club rides when possible
• Participate in the RBCC Club Championships program
• Be a good team player and role model for the Club
What you will receive in return:
• Two full kits to race and train in
• Assistance with race entry fees for open races
• Valuable experience of being part of a team and working with other riders to achieve team goals, rather than individual goals
Please submit your expressions of interest to email@example.com by Friday, 9 February 2018
Note: The RBCC Committee will consider all expressions of interest and their decision on who will be included in the team will be final. If you don’t meet the criteria now but do at some point throughout the year, you will be considered by the Committee for the team at that time.