RBCC training rides are available nearly every morning and afternoon of the week.
See chart and links below for details.
Meeting place : Randwick Gates – Centennial Park. (Darley Rd Roundabout)
Please note that rides proceeding to La Perouse will now do so via Doncaster Avenue. Because of the Light Rail works in Anzac Parade, the club rides will no longer proceed south via Anzac Parade but rather will proceed south in Doncaster Avenue all the way to Gardeners Road, at which point we will turn left, enter the Kingsford roundabout and then exit to Anzac Parade and continue south past Souths Juniors to La Perouse. A similar diversion will occur on the reverse trip where applicable.
Support your club on club training rides and wear your club uniform. See why in ‘notes’ at bottom.
|Day||AM or PM||Training Ride|
|Monday||-||Rest after big Sunday ride. Roadies.|
|6:00 pm||Track training Tempe Velodrome 6pm to 10pm with Dulwich Hill Club|
|Tuesday||6:00 am to 7.15am||Tuesday Hill ride A + B grade. (some C graders may take off earlier and eventually be overtaken).
Start Randwick Gates Centennial Park 6.00am sharp. Hill climb ride to Watsons Bay, through Bronte, Bondi Beach, Vaucluse, Rose Bay, Bellevue Hill and back to Centennial Park. (approx 30kms)
|3 pm & onwards||Bunch training Centennial Park.Summer (daylight saving only)- racing Heffron Park at 6pm.|
|Wednesday||6am to 7.45am||Reverse Snake Pit. Start Randwick Gates Centennial Park 6am. Distance about 50 kms. Through Randwick shopping centre, The Spot, Maroubra Beach, Anzac Parade to Snake Pit then to Container Terminals then back to Maroubra for a couple of climbs (Oberon & Torrington) down to Coogee with final climb up Coogee Bay Road then back to the Park.|
|6pm||Track training Tempe Velodrome 6pm to 10pm with Dulwich Hill club.|
|Thursday||6am to 7.15am||Training ride start Randwick Gates Centennial Park 6am PROMPT. La Perouse ride. Fast paceline La Perouse to Maroubra, return to Centennial Park.|
|3:00 pm||Bunch training Centennial Park.|
|Friday||6am to 7.15am||Tour De Caf Late. Training ride start Randwick Gates Centennial Park 6am. Easy ride finishing with coffee, croissants or toasted turkish bread with plum jam. New riders welcome.|
|pm||Rest- Go out and enjoy yourself and have a sleep in Saturday morning if you are racing Sat afternoon.|
|Saturday||TBA||See Home Page for optional earlier
ride if scheduled.
|7.00am||Giro de Kellogs. Training ride starts Randwick Gates Centennial Park. This ride facilitated by Rocky & Ritchie is just what the doctor ordered if you want an easier ride and/or fresh legs for afternoon racing. Maroubra past Kelloggs, Port Botany, twice out Prince of Wales Drive (Sea Wall) then Bunnerong road out to La Perouse, back through the Maroubra Hills and finish at the Grind Paddo for a coffee or 2 (about 50kms)|
|2.30pm||RBCC racing at Heffron Park Maroubra.|
|Sunday||6.15am (sharp) "C" bunch|
6.30am (sharp) "A" bunch
6.32am (ish) "B" bunch
|Now 3 Alternatives:
6.15am "C" bunch. Nice steady ride. 6.30am “A” ride - Very Fast to Waterfall (A, B grade level)
“B Ride” - a little slower than the A bunch. All 3 rides start same point - the Randwick Gates of Centennial Park . Approx 90km ride to Waterfall and back. Club uniform to be worn on these rides at all times.
C ride starts strictly at 6.15am. A ride starts strictly at 6.30am. B ride sets off about 1 or 2 minutes later.
|pm||Well earned rest after that week.|
- The Randwick gates at Centennial Park are the gates closest to Randwick Racecourse – at the roundabout and just north of Randwick Technical College.
- 6.00am start is in darkness so you will need appropriate lighting on your bike.
- 6.00am calls for warm gear so you’ll need arm and leg warmers and a wind vest or other appropriate warm clothing.
- Junior riders to seek approval from Junior Sub Committee before undergoing road training rides.
- Training can be dangerous at times and you do so at your own risk. These rides are organised by the Randwick Botany Cycling Club and hence sanctioned by Cycling Australia and covered by CA insurance. Non members will not be allowed to participate unless by invitation. Please ensure that you wear your club uniform as the bunch will not stop and wait for persons having punctures or mechanicals unless identified as an RBCC member.
- Your Cycling NSW license and affiliation only covers Cycling Australia sanctioned activities including racing and club organised training rides. It is therefore suggested that if you intend to train on unauthorized rides (The Coluzzi ride for example) that you ensure that you have adequate personal insurances in place in case of an accident. You are covered on Club organised training rides. We therefore advise that you train on club organised training rides.