RBCC training rides are available nearly every morning of the week.
Meeting place: Randwick Gates – Centennial Park. (Darley Rd Roundabout)
- Please take a look at this important document about ride etiquette. It also details all the rides and coffee stops afterwards!
- If you are new to the Club and have never done one of our training rides, please let somebody know at the start before the ride departs. We are endeavouring to have “Ride Leaders” on each ride who will identify themselves at the beginning of the ride.
- Rides proceeding to La Perouse will now do so via Doncaster Avenue because of the Light Rail works in Anzac Parade. The club rides will no longer proceed south via Anzac Parade but rather will proceed south on Doncaster Avenue all the way to Gardeners Road, at which point we will turn left, enter the Kingsford roundabout and then exit to Anzac Parade and continue south past Souths Juniors to La Perouse. A similar diversion will occur on the reverse trip where applicable.
- The Cronulla ride avoids Southern Cross Drive in both directions.
[table id=5 /]
Other ad-hoc rides will be communicated on a week to week basis (particularly via the RBCC Facebook page). Should club members wish to create an ad-hoc ride, please contact Sue Henry (email@example.com) or Alex Rosenwax (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that it can be communicated through the club communication channels. Examples of ad-hoc rides are the Saturday Akuna Bay ride and the 3 Gorges ride.
- The Randwick gates at Centennial Park are the gates closest to Randwick Racecourse – at the roundabout and just north of Randwick Technical College.
- 6.00am start is in darkness so you will need appropriate lighting on your bike.
- Junior riders to seek approval from Junior Sub Committee before undergoing road training rides.
- Training can be dangerous at times and you do so at your own risk. These rides are organised by the Randwick Botany Cycling Club and hence sanctioned by Cycling Australia and covered by CA insurance. Non members will not be allowed to participate unless by invitation. Please ensure that you wear your club kit as the bunch will not stop and wait for persons having punctures or mechanicals unless identified as an RBCC member.
- Your Cycling NSW license and affiliation only covers Cycling Australia sanctioned activities including racing and club organised training rides. It is therefore suggested that if you intend to train on unauthorized rides that you ensure that you have adequate personal insurances in place in case of an accident. You are covered on Club organised training rides. We therefore advise that you train on club organised training rides.